Thursday, April 03, 2008
Ten Maxims for Private Eyes
Skipp Porteous, owner of New York City's Sherlock Investigations, has been a private eye for years. Now, he shares the top ten things he's learned over the years.
1. Question everything.
2. Assume that your phone is tapped.
3. Look both ways on one-way streets.
4. Look both ways when the light turns green.
5. Make use of your rear-view mirror.
6. Never think that you're above the law.
7. Trust is earned, not assumed.
8. TV private eyes are fictional.
9. Don't make problems for yourself when solving other's problems.
10. Keep a sense of humor.